|Running For:||US House of Representatives - 23rd District|
Information About Terry Phillips
Terry Phillips is a Central Valley native, born in Fresno. He grew up in the Bay Area, and has made his home in Bakersfield since 2004. From 2005 to 2011, he hosted the popular Quality of Life current affairs program on Valley Public Radio.
Mr. Phillips began his broadcast career covering the high tech industry. As a network news correspondent, he reported major events throughout the world, from the collapse of the Soviet Union to armed conflicts in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Somalia, Haiti and Iraq. His work has earned him numerous awards including two Emmy nominations.
In addition to being a veteran journalist, Mr. Phillips is a longtime entrepreneur. He was a senior executive for Omnipoint, a pioneer wireless telecommunications service provider, and is currently the sole proprietor of a media consultation company.
A 1975 graduate of Santa Clara University, Mr. Phillips also studied at McGeorge Law School in Sacramento. He authored Murder at the Altar, a historical novel, and Off the Air: Thoughts About Our Quality of Life, a compilation of his radio commentaries.
Issues Important to Terry Phillips
Connect With Terry Phillips
Terry Phillips in the News
- College student, 21, joins Elizabethtown school board - Lancaster Newspapers
- Sports Notes - Pacific Daily News
- Trabs Files: The Feast Week That Was - City of Basketball Love
- MLB Offseason: Best-Case Scenarios for All 30 Teams This Winter - Bleacher Report
- School news - Perry daily.com
- A President, Two Turkeys And (Another) Health Care Deadline - ABC News (blog)
- 12 people file petitions on first day for election - Morris Daily Herald
- Christie brings his clout, fundraising chops to new role as RGA head - Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group
- 'Dark money' groups give big to similar nonprofits - The Center for Public Integrity
- Honk if you're running for Howard Coble's seat - Greensboro News & Record
Terry Phillips Needs Your Support
You are one of 1076 potential voters who have discovered why Terry Phillips is an important political leader. Terry Phillips is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Terry Phillips as a candidate for US House of Representatives by donating time and money to Terry Phillips's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Campaign Finance Reform, Education, Environmental Policies, Fair Immigration Reform, High Speed Railroad, Job Creation, Net Neutrality, Religious Freedom, Universal Health Care, Water Rights as important campaign issues that Terry Phillips will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.