|Running For:||County Council - 6th District|
|Representing:||King County, Mercer Island, Washington|
Information About Richard Mitchell
Richard Mitchell is not a politician. He’s a dad, a skilled attorney, trained as an architect and urban planner, and concerned neighbor with the skills and vision to make a real difference.
An active volunteer and lifelong Democrat, Richard has worked to curb homelessness, helped at-risk youth excel in life, and supported community health services.
From land use to job growth, human services to criminal justice Richard’s hands-on experience is what we need in county government.
Richard Mitchell is a committed community leader. A King County Housing Authority Commissioner, a leader on equal rights issues, a lawyer trained in architecture and urban planning. Richard has the background, experience, and integrity to lead our district forward in difficult times. As a leader at the state and regional levels on issues ranging from health services, housing and homelessness, land use and urban planning, Richard Mitchell will bring innovative leadership to King County Council’s 6th District.
It’s time for a leader that is in touch with our communities. A leader that is committed to: real progress on transportation investments, the protection of the vulnerable, and working to ensure safe, livable neighborhoods.
Richard will bring a fresh perspective consistent with our values to a County Council in need of new ideas in the face of significant economic challenges. Richard will build on critical reforms to restore confidence and make sure every dollar is spent on our priorities. He will demand honest budgeting and improved transparency.
Issues Important to Richard Mitchell
Connect With Richard Mitchell
Richard Mitchell in the News
- NEWRO RUMOR MILL: 2014 Promises Lots of Changes in New Rochelle - Talk of the Sound
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Mets Interested In Chris Perez & Mitchell Boggs - Rising Apple
- Gators will use team approach vs. Wiggins - GatorCountry.com
- Question of the day - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- A takeover bid - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- Part 3: Clinton finds his New York footing - Capital New York
- Fox News Is Settling With Ousted Exec Brian Lewis: New York Times - Huffington Post
- Berry Tramel answers emails on Bedlam football - NewsOK.com
- Allan Katz and Danae Columbus: Being an elected official is often a double ... - UptownMessenger.com
Richard Mitchell Needs Your Support
You are one of 433 potential voters who have discovered why Richard Mitchell is an important political leader. Richard Mitchell is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Richard Mitchell as a candidate for County Council by donating time and money to Richard Mitchell's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Clean Water, Government Accountability, Open Spaces & Parks, Transportation Choices as important campaign issues that Richard Mitchell will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.