|Running For:||County Council - 6th District|
|Representing:||King County, Mercer Island, Washington|
Information About Richard Mitchell
Richard Mitchell is not a politician. He’s a dad, a skilled attorney, trained as an architect and urban planner, and concerned neighbor with the skills and vision to make a real difference.
An active volunteer and lifelong Democrat, Richard has worked to curb homelessness, helped at-risk youth excel in life, and supported community health services.
From land use to job growth, human services to criminal justice Richard’s hands-on experience is what we need in county government.
Richard Mitchell is a committed community leader. A King County Housing Authority Commissioner, a leader on equal rights issues, a lawyer trained in architecture and urban planning. Richard has the background, experience, and integrity to lead our district forward in difficult times. As a leader at the state and regional levels on issues ranging from health services, housing and homelessness, land use and urban planning, Richard Mitchell will bring innovative leadership to King County Council’s 6th District.
It’s time for a leader that is in touch with our communities. A leader that is committed to: real progress on transportation investments, the protection of the vulnerable, and working to ensure safe, livable neighborhoods.
Richard will bring a fresh perspective consistent with our values to a County Council in need of new ideas in the face of significant economic challenges. Richard will build on critical reforms to restore confidence and make sure every dollar is spent on our priorities. He will demand honest budgeting and improved transparency.
Issues Important to Richard Mitchell
Connect With Richard Mitchell
Richard Mitchell in the News
- Dems, GOP Battle in Lansdale Ward Three Primary - Patch.com
- Incumbent Fuller's Fate Determined in Ward One Primary - Patch.com
- This Day, May 18, In Jewish History by Mitchell A. Levin - Cleveland Jewish News (blog)
- ACC Basketball Breakdown: Predictions for the ACC in 2013-14 - Syracuse.com
- Programming notes - NBCNews.com (blog)
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls have time to heal now - USA Today - USA TODAY
- Candidates seek GOP nominations for school board seats in Cocalico, Donegal - Lancaster Newspapers
- Worse than Watergate? - Center For American Progress
- Big Changes Planned for Rockland Polling Places - Rockland County Times
- Runoff election set for Place 5 - Focus Daily News - Focusdailynews
Richard Mitchell Needs Your Support
You are one of 297 potential voters who have discovered why Richard Mitchell is an important political leader. Richard Mitchell is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Richard Mitchell as a candidate for County Council by donating time and money to Richard Mitchell's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Clean Water, Government Accountability, Open Spaces & Parks, Transportation Choices as important campaign issues that Richard Mitchell will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.