|Running For:||US House of Representatives - 26th District|
|Representing:||Newbury Park, Ventura County, California|
Information About Linda Parks
Linda Parks has been Chair of the Ventura County Board of Supervisors three times in her nine years on the Board. She previously served as a Planning Commissioner, City Council member, and Mayor for the City of Thousand Oaks, California. Some of her accomplishments include founding the Ventura County Discovery Center, creating laws protecting parks and farmland, and writing the City of Thousand Oaks’ first campaign reform law. As an open space advocate, Linda’s sixteen-year grassroots effort to preserve Ahmanson Ranch culminated in the Ranch’s purchase as a State Park.
As a Ventura County Supervisor Linda has reduced taxpayer funding of county employee pensions, supported the funding of programs to fight gangs, organized a series of Senior Summits to find ways to better assist senior citizens, established testing requirements for toxic pollution, and obtained training funds for adult education programs at local schools.
She serves on the following Boards and Commissions:
- Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- Air Pollution Control District
- Ventura Council of Governments
- Southern California Association of Governments
- California State University at Channel Islands Site Authority
- Ventura County Mental Health Board
- Community Leadership Committee
- Ventura County Transportation Commission
Linda has a Master’s Degree in Urban Planning from the University of Washington and a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obsipo. She has been married 30 years and has four children.
Issues Important to Linda Parks
Connect With Linda Parks
Linda Parks in the News
- Creekers meet permanent town manager finalists - Sonoran News
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in 2013 - El Paso Inc.
- Linda Chell named 2014 Citizen of the Year - Revelstoke Times Review
- Stasi: Comments by Martin Bashir, others on women show television is still ... - New York Daily News
- We Are Disappointed With Anambra Governorship Election — US - Leadership Newspapers
- Councilman Stinnett announces he will seek at-large seat - Lexington Herald Leader
- Be thankful you are here: Utah Valley often ranked as one of the best places to be - Daily Herald
- Bob Rae, Rosedale and Rosa Parks - Huffington Post Canada
- Backers push for minimum wage increase - The Macomb Daily
- County Democrats meet to ponder Brown's replacement - Central Kitsap Reporter
Linda Parks Needs Your Support
You are one of 1203 potential voters who have discovered why Linda Parks is an important political leader. Linda Parks is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Linda Parks as a candidate for US House of Representatives by donating time and money to Linda Parks's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Economic Equality, Education, Environmental Policies, Fair Immigration Reform, Fiscal Responsibility, Green Energy, Job Creation, Open Spaces & Parks, Veterans Affairs as important campaign issues that Linda Parks will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.