|Running For:||State Senate - Washington County|
|Representing:||Montpelier, Washington County, Vermont|
Information About Jeremy Hansen
Jeremy was born in Wisconsin and grew up in a suburb of Milwaukee. After high school, he took a longtime love of computers with him to the University of Wisconsin where he pursued a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Following graduation, he moved back to Milwaukee and began work in the information technology (IT) field.
After several years in IT, he had the opportunity to share his love of computers with others and began to teach courses in computer programming, networking, and security. After deciding that he wanted a career as a professor, he finished his Master’s Degree in Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee (UWM) while continuing to work full-time.
He moved back into the IT field and began to pursue his PhD in the evenings at UWM while managing first computers and networks for a small software services company, and then working in information security for a Fortune 500 company. Around the same time, he married his then-girlfriend Cara who later gave birth to their first child. A year after he received his PhD, his second child was born and soon thereafter, he and his family moved to Vermont so that Jeremy could begin his dream job at Norwich University. He teaches and conducts research in computer networking, privacy in social networks, security of medical systems, and ubiquitous computing.
Since arriving in Vermont, Jeremy has and his family have lived in Barre, Montpelier, and will soon be moving to their new home in Berlin. In his free time, he enjoys playing with his kids, reading, cooking, brewing beer, playing and listening to music, camping, fishing, and gardening.
Issues Important to Jeremy Hansen
Connect With Jeremy Hansen
Jeremy Hansen in the News
- Canucks Hat Trick: Who's who with the Sedins; pity the fourth-liners; Tanev on ... - The Province (blog)
- Bitcoin politician wants to upgrade democracy in Vermont - Watchdog.org
- HIGHTSTOWN: Challengers defeat incumbents - Packet Online
- Halolinks: How will posting changes affect Angels? - Halo's Heaven
- NHL expansion: Jeremy Roenick wants to be involved with Seattle project ... - Philly.com
- In Vermont, Users of "Cryptocurrency" Bitcoin Are Few But Committed - Seven Days
- No space for new ACT minister - yet - The Canberra Times
- Jake Trotter - ESPN
- Lake Oswego city councilor to run for county commission seat - Portland Tribune
- Football, Tendulkar, Ashes, Rugby League World Cup, golf - BBC Sport
Jeremy Hansen Needs Your Support
You are one of 950 potential voters who have discovered why Jeremy Hansen is an important political leader. Jeremy Hansen is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Jeremy Hansen as a candidate for State Senate by donating time and money to Jeremy Hansen's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Direct Representative Democracy, Electoral Reform, Government Accountability as important campaign issues that Jeremy Hansen will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.