|Running For:||President of the United States|
|Representing:||Salt Lake City, United States of America|
|Political Affiliation:||Libertarian Party|
Information About Gary Johnson
History & Family
Governor Johnson, who has been referred to as the ‘most fiscally conservative Governor’ in the country, was the Republican Governor of New Mexico from 1995-2003.
A successful businessman before running for office in 1994, Gov. Johnson started a door-to-door handyman business to help pay his way through college. Twenty years later, he had grown the firm into one of the largest construction companies in New Mexico with over 1,000 employees. Not surprisingly, Governor Johnson brings a distinctly business-like mentality to governing, believing that decisions should be made based on cost-benefit analysis rather than strict ideology.
Johnson is best known for his veto record, which includes over 750 vetoes during his time in office, more than all other governors combined and his use of the veto pen has since earned him the nickname “Governor Veto.” He cut taxes 14 times while never raising them when he left office, New Mexico was one of only four states in the country with a balanced budget.
Term-limited, Johnson retired from public office in 2003. An avid skier, adventurer, and bicyclist, he has reached the highest peak on four of the seven continents, including Mt. Everest.
In 2009, after becoming increasingly concerned with the country’s out-of-control national debt and precarious financial situation, the Governor formed the OUR America Initiative, a 501c(4) non-profit that promotes fiscal responsibility, civil liberties, and rational public policy. He traveled to more than 30 states and spoke to over 150 conservative and libertarian groups during his time as Honorary Chairman.
He has two grown children- a daughter Seah and a son Erik and currently resides in a house he built himself in Taos, New Mexico.
Scaled the highest peaks of 4 continents, including Everest.
Competed in the Bataan Memorial Death March, a 25 mile desert run in combat boots wearing a 35 pound backpack.
Participating in Hawaii’s invitation-only Ironman Triathlon Championship, several times.
Mountain biked the eight day Adidas TransAlps Challenge in Europe.
Issues Important to Gary Johnson
Connect With Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson in the News
- US Senators Carl Levin, Debbie Stabenow endorse Gary Peters in 2014 US ... - Michigan Business Review - MLive.com
- Preseason College Football Rankings 2013: Early Look at Entire Top 25 - Bleacher Report
- 1 Thing Each NFL Head Coach Wants to See Happen This Summer - Bleacher Report
- State Libertarians will convene in Naples this weekend - Naples Daily News
- New Sandy Hook principal hailed for "making tough situations better' - Ct Post
- What the Mike Piazza Trade Meant to the New York Mets Organization - Bleacher Report
- Johnson School Principal Appointed to Sandy Hook Elementary Position - Patch.com
- Phil Neville pitches for the vacant Everton manager's job - The Guardian
- Immigration reform blowback from Boston - Washington Times
- Gary Johnson: “Legalizing marijuana will lead to less overall substance abuse” - Red Alert Politics
Gary Johnson Needs Your Support
You are one of 1165 potential voters who have discovered why Gary Johnson is an important political leader. Gary Johnson is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Gary Johnson as a candidate for President of the United States by donating time and money to Gary Johnson's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Civil Liberties, Fair Immigration Reform, Fiscal Responsibility, Government Accountability, Net Neutrality, Peace Not War as important campaign issues that Gary Johnson will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.