Information About Andrew Macdonald
Andrew grew up in Old Town Alexandria. He received a B.Sc degree in 1977 from St. Lawrence University in New York and a PhD in geology from The University of Western Ontario in Canada in 1984.
After sailing sailed aboard the JOIDES Resolution as a staff scientist for the International Ocean Drilling Program (based at Texas A&M) for several years, Andrew returned to the DC area to take a job at the Oceans and Environment Program at the US Congressional Office of Technology Assessment (OTA).
Between 1990 and 2003, he taught geology at George Mason University and Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and Washington DC. For several summer seasons he helped lead natural history trips to the Arctic, Antarctica, the Pacific Northwest, and SE Alaska.
He is running for mayor as an Independent to bring a fresh perspective to decisions that affect the quality of life in your hometown, Alexandria, whether you have lived there a year or for decades.
Issues Important to Andrew Macdonald
Connect With Andrew Macdonald
Andrew Macdonald in the News
- Recap - Anaheim Ducks 5, New York Islanders 2: Isles tease for two - Lighthouse Hockey
- Morning Rumors: Blackhawks, Islanders, Sabres, Red Wings, Canadiens and ... - My NHL Trade Rumors
- A New York Islanders Fan Site – News, Blogs, Opinion and More - Eyes on Isles
- Time for Isles to rebuild again? - Newsday
- Lewis Baston: The general election of 1923 – and lessons it holds for today - Conservative Home
- Andrew Coyne: The forces of inertia gather to halt a concrete plan for ... - National Post
- Liberal powerbroker Chris Hartcher resigns: now the Liberals are on the ICAC's ... - The Daily Telegraph
- Liberal powrbroker Chris Hartcher resigns: now the Liberals are on the ICAC's ... - The Daily Telegraph
- Howe: A harsh scoreline - Vitalfootball
- Crosby, "Mr. Everything" Does it Again to the Isles - Hockeybuzz.com (blog)
Andrew Macdonald Needs Your Support
You are one of 1504 potential voters who have discovered why Andrew Macdonald is an important political leader. Andrew Macdonald is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Andrew Macdonald as a candidate for Mayor by donating time and money to Andrew Macdonald's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Environmental Conservation, Environmental Policies, Fiscal Responsibility, Historic Heritage Preservation, Recreational Choices, Smart Community Growth, Sustainability as important campaign issues that Andrew Macdonald will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.