Information About Andrew Macdonald
Andrew grew up in Old Town Alexandria. He received a B.Sc degree in 1977 from St. Lawrence University in New York and a PhD in geology from The University of Western Ontario in Canada in 1984.
After sailing sailed aboard the JOIDES Resolution as a staff scientist for the International Ocean Drilling Program (based at Texas A&M) for several years, Andrew returned to the DC area to take a job at the Oceans and Environment Program at the US Congressional Office of Technology Assessment (OTA).
Between 1990 and 2003, he taught geology at George Mason University and Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and Washington DC. For several summer seasons he helped lead natural history trips to the Arctic, Antarctica, the Pacific Northwest, and SE Alaska.
He is running for mayor as an Independent to bring a fresh perspective to decisions that affect the quality of life in your hometown, Alexandria, whether you have lived there a year or for decades.
Issues Important to Andrew Macdonald
Connect With Andrew Macdonald
Andrew Macdonald in the News
- Toronto Maple Leafs Offseason 2013: 4 Potential Buyout Candidates for the Leafs - Bleacher Report
- Who is Nigel Wright, the man who bailed out Mike Duffy? - Globe and Mail
- Thomas Vanek's Potential Landing Spots - The Hockey Writers
- The NHL Got Another Award Voting Wrong. Who Should Gave Been GM of the ... - Habs Eyes on the Prize (blog)
- Latest bowls news from Ian MacDonald - Clydebank Post
- Stephen Hume: A minority government would add spice to BC election stew - Vancouver Sun
- Vaughn Palmer: Party leaders' futures hinged to election day results - Vancouver Sun
- Islanders will feel MacDonald's loss in many ways - NHL.com
- BC election: What's happening today - Vancouver Sun
- NHL draft lottery winner might be rolling the dice taking Seth Jones - National Post
Andrew Macdonald Needs Your Support
You are one of 1055 potential voters who have discovered why Andrew Macdonald is an important political leader. Andrew Macdonald is not the same old, poll tested, corporate backed politician who is only looking out for the self-interest of the few at the expense of the many.
Please take the next important step in supporting Andrew Macdonald as a candidate for Mayor by donating time and money to Andrew Macdonald's campaign
Also, take a moment to educate your family and friends about the importance of Environmental Conservation, Environmental Policies, Fiscal Responsibility, Historic Heritage Preservation, Recreational Choices, Smart Community Growth, Sustainability as important campaign issues that Andrew Macdonald will work hard to improve, and help make the United States of America a better place for every American, and not just a select few.